This program reads from the HDD identification unit (IDENTIFY DEVICE – command 0xECh) and displays all the technical information about this HDD from IDENTIFY DEVICE (by documentation Technical Committee T13):
- Model, Size, HDD Serial number, Firmware version;
- Logical sector size, Physical sector size (512, 4096 4K), Version ATA, Transport type and version (SATA 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.6, 2.5, 2.0. 1.0, PATA), Device supports SATA signaling speed (SATA-III 6.0Gb/s, SATA-II 3.0Gb/s, SATA-I 1.5Gb/s), Current negotiated SATA signal speed, Device support Ultra DMA mode, Current selected Ultra DMA mode, Device support Multiword DMA mode, Current selected Multiword DMA mode, Device support PIO mode, Nominal media rotation rate;
- Features ATA (Advanced Format, AAM (Automatic Acoustic Management), DCO (Device Configuration Overlay), DMA, DMA Setup auto-activation, DSN (Device Statistics Notification), Free-fall Control, GPL (General Purpose Logging), Hardware Feature Control, HPA (Host Protected Area), In-Order Data Delivery, LBA24, LBA48, NCQ (Native Command Queuing), NCQ Autosense, NCQ Priority Information, NCQ Queue Management Command, NCQ Streaming, Phy Event Counters log, Read Look-Ahead, Release Interrupt, Security, SDR (Sense Data Reporting), Service Interrupt, S.M.A.R.T., S.M.A.R.T. Error Logging, S.M.A.R.T. Self-Test, SSP (Software Settings Preservation), Streaming, Write-Read-Verify);
- Features Energy Saving HDD/SSD (APM (Advanced Power Management), DIPM (Device Initiated Power Management), DEVSLP (Device Sleep), EPC (Extended Power Conditions), HIPM (Host Initiated Power Management), IDLE IMMEDIATE command with UNLOAD feature, PUIS (Power-Up In Standby));
- Commands (DEVICE RESET, DOWNLOAD MICROCODE, DOWNLOAD MICROCODE DMA, FLUSH CACHE, FLUSH CACHE EXT, NOP, READ BUFFER, WRITE BUFFER, READ/WRITE DMA QUEUED, WRITE DMA FUA EXT, WRITE MULTIPLE FUA EXT, READ LOG DMA EXT, WRITE LOG DMA EXT, WRITE UNCORRECTABLE EXT, READ BUFFER DMA, WRITE BUFFER DMA, DEVICE CONFIGURATION IDENTIFY DMA, DEVICE CONFIGURATION SET DMA, SET MAX SET PASSWORD DMA, SET MAX UNLOCK DMA, RECEIVE FPDMA QUEUED, SEND FPDMA QUEUED, BLOCK ERASE EXT, OVERWRITE EXT, CRYPTO SCRAMBLE EXT, SANITIZE ANTIFREEZE LOCK EXT);
- And other parameters from the HDD/SSD passport – even more than a hundred different parameters.
Unlike most test utilities that show information about the HDD – it shows absolutely all the information (including not interpreted) and the user is given the opportunity of independent analysis.
Works in Windows XP/Vista/7/8/2012/10, installation is not required, to read the drive’s passport you need administrator rights.
The program does not change any settings and data HDD – only shows.
The disk ID section (IDENTIFY DEVICE sector) can be saved to a file (for history or for independent analysis in HEX-editors) or read from a previously saved file. The same HDD / SSD passports can be saved in Victoria – its PASSPORT save BIN function works with the same files – only the file extensions are different (for HDD Identify Drive – *.#EC files, for Victoria – Passp_*.bin files). HDD Identify Drive can read Passp-files from Victoria.
|List documents used for the analysis of IDENTIFY DEVICE:|
|AT Attachment with Packet Interface – 5 (ATA/ATAPI-5), T13/1321-D Revision 3, 29 February 2000
Working Draft ATA/ATAPI Command Set – 2 (ACS-2), T13/2015-D Revision 2, 3 August 2009
Working Draft ATA/ATAPI Command Set – 3 (ACS-3), T13/2161-D Revision 5, 28 October 2013
Working Draft ATA Command Set – 4 (ACS-4), T13/BSR INCITS 529 Revision 11, 19 January 2016
|History of development program:|
|v.22.214.171.124 (2016.03.20)||Added simple output information, search for a name in Yandex/Google, fix minor bugs.|
|v.126.96.36.199 (2016.02.19)||Radically all rewritten, the documentation uses the latest in 2016.|
|v.188.8.131.52 (2003)||First public version.|